ABOUT DESIGN STUDIO-BCG’s Design Studio provides refined, comprehensive design solutions for our various business needs across the globe. We partner with BCG consulting teams and offer our broad expertise providing highly innovative and creative visual solutions by delivering compelling visual messages. Our team is comprised of designers, art directors, visual storytellers, and creative thinkers with multi-disciplinary backgrounds either from design agencies or corporates who leverage innovation, cutting-edge technologies and forward-thinking approaches at a global scale. We have a global network of visual experts including our new global design centers in India, Madrid and Atlanta with plans for future expansion. We provide expertise in services like Digital, Video, Design, Content, Strategy and Advisory.
The Visual Designer in DS is responsible for
- Should be able to create draw free-hand and create concept arts
- Develop end-to-end art/graphics from drawing sketches (pencil sketch) to a finished product with matte painting.
- Able to create storyboards based on the given the script. Come up with different/unique style of illustrations.
- Be a Design thought partner for the consulting team - Leverages visual story-telling and develops creative ideas and concepts to meet the client's objectives
- Understands graphic recording in a live environment.
- Creating compelling graphic visual solutions including brochures, infographics, iconography, story boards, logo designing, posters, data visualizations, corporate communications, web banners, consumer mock-ups, etc.
- Works to a brief agreed with the client teams and in compliance with BCG standards
- Selects photography, develops icons and graphics, and coordinates final print production
- Use deep knowledge of Adobe Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Be a design thought partner – understand the context and apply creative layout solutions
- Translate business language, processes and more into engaging visual stories
- Execute complex and ambiguous edits with minimal direction
- Host creative briefs that capture the business challenge, build timelines and communicate with client
- Support all design decisions with creative, strategic and/or business reasoning
- Pitch creative concepts, mock ups and discuss ideas to internal clients
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Mentor Junior Designers
- Bachelor's Degree in fine arts / graphics design or related field/ B.Sc Visual Communication
- 6+ years relevant years of experience in an MNC / Professional services environment
- Knowledge of visual design visual theory (i.e., composition, color theory, typography etc.)
- Expert skill level in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design)
- Experience in advanced free-hand illustrations and/or digital drawings
- Experience in creating conceptual diagrams
- Advanced understanding of digital and print ready artwork preparation; bleeds, and related color and image operations
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- B2B experience and deep business language knowledge
- Experience in a professional services environment
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration skills, a solution-based attitude, and the ability to work with people with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Ability to flex approach from a design and working style perspective depending on the needs of the project and client
- Consistent willingness to go above and beyond for project deliverables, as well as one’s own development
- Sharp eye for layout design and awareness of design trends
- Excellent time management skills
- Thrives in an environment of continual feedback
- Ability to develop project from creative conception to final deliverable
- Ability to work independently and prioritize under narrow time limitations and/or with interruptions, to produce accurate results within quick turnaround times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Handle stressful situations with poise, understanding and tact
- Actively listens, requests clarification when needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
- Interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business; in keeping with BCG's values and culture.
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- Ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple cultures
- Work related travel would be required.