The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with offices in more than 90 cities in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com.
ABOUT DESIGN STUDIOS
BCG’s Design Studios provides refined, comprehensive design solutions for our various business needs across the globe. We partner with BCG consulting teams and offer our broad expertise providing highly innovative and creative visual solutions by delivering compelling visual messages. Our team is comprised of designers, visual storytellers, and creative thinkers with multi-disciplinary backgrounds who leverage innovation, cutting-edge technologies and forward thinking approaches at a global scale. We have a global network of visual experts including our new global design centers in India, Madrid and Atlanta with plans for future expansion. We invite new team members to join in our entrepreneurial environment to help shape and further strengthen BCG's DS team.
The Project Lead in Design Studio, Bangalore is responsible for
• Be a Design thought partner for the consulting team - Leverage visual story-telling and develops creative ideas and concepts to meet the client's objectives
• Leads the execution and implementation of communication and media strategies and team processes for Print, Digital and Motion projects in the Design Studio
• Ability to hold brainstorming sessions, project kickoff meetings, and client debriefs.
• Oversee multiple complex creative projects from inception to completion
• Provide leadership and inculcate innovative thinking into the project teams
• Define and maintain high quality deliverable and other service levels across teams
• Establish rich and engaging partnerships with BCG Consulting teams
• Management of internal and external resources and the overall vertical
• Work with stakeholders to understand business drivers and based on that develop design concepts and directions for marketing materials, campaigns and multiple projects.
• Make conceptual and stylistic decisions, creating layouts, mockups and prototypes to illustrate their design idea to members team and stakeholders.
• Exceptional conceptual abilities and art direction talent within a multimedia landscape.
• Lead the assessment of a brand's visual language (color palette, logo, font, etc.) across a range of media (print, online marketing, Web site, packaging, mobile, motion graphics, etc.).
• Proactively lead the ideation and brainstorming sessions
• Ability to lead, guide, motivate a creative team and collaborate as part of a larger team in an ever-changing environment
• Oversee multiple creative projects at one time. This will include creating teams, creating timelines, overseeing design direction, ensuring all deadlines are met, confirming clients are satisfied with the quality of result and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the duration of the project.
• Research latest marketing trends and strategies and the technologies used in advertisement practices.
• Hands-on understanding of fundamental principles of design, advertising, media and product solutions
• Demonstrates superior strategic thinking, leverages the Creative Strategy Brief
• Should be able to provide rationale for design choices. Assure design meets business objectives as stated in creative brief
• Ability to drive business pitches where required
• Work with vendors to deliver projects when work is over capacity
• Collaborate seamlessly with internal cross-functional and external agency teams to deliver against creative vision
• Proficient computer skills, especially with Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Bachelors/ Master's Degree
• 10+ years of progressive creative content/campaign experience (preferably agency side) or with a product company, with significant experience in digital and social media platforms
• Portfolio of work samples that demonstrate ability to concept, design and translate ideas into workable solutions
• Mastery of Adobe software, primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, Sketch and basic knowledge of UI prototyping software (Axure, Marvel, Invision, Principle, After Effects)
• Assist leadership in fostering growth in the junior members of the team
• Ability to hold kickoff meetings, brainstorming sessions, Sprints and manage project timelines and teams deliverables.
• Accepts guidance and responds positively to critique
• Adapts well to accommodate changes in product and marketing direction or client needs
• Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation
• Has a rigorous work ethic and positive attitude
• Experience with current digital design standards and best practices
• Experience with social media and best practices
• Understanding of “in motion:” moving imagery, animation, GIFS, motion graphics
• Strong conceptual ability
• Strong visual aesthetics: design, color, typography, composition
• Working knowledge of the latest design software & technologies (Balsamic, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, HTML/HTML5, CSS)
• Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
• Strong proven capability & track record in leading product solutions, digital campaigns and strong knowledge in latest trends,
• Ability to relate to people and effectively communicate under stressful circumstances
• Dynamic, persuasive presenter with experience in speaking publicly
• A love of being a student of social every day
• Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
• Interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business; in keeping with BCG's values and culture.
• Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
• Ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple cultures
• Work related travel would be required.